Well, the "future of the desktop" is one of the most hotly debated things on the net. in one corner you have Microsoft the current champ weighing in at 800lbs. in anther
corner you have Apple, weighing in at about 250lbs. and last but not least you have OSS (Linux/FreeBSD etc) weighing in at 225lbs.
I think the Future of the desktop is a very murky place, and what i mean by that is. generally what we now have and can now 'see' probley will not happen in the way we think.
just think, in 1995 would you think the OSX would be as good as it is or that apple would have such a great turn around? orm the OSS/Linux would be as strong as it is?
I think people want a couple of things;
1) Access to there data, and by that I mean read and write and assurance of there data.
2)access to there software, and by that I mean everything; there online banking, online videos, local software whatever.
And, I think with sliverlight, being available on all three platforms and even flash is now kinda support on all three. the future looks good. and with standards coming down the
Pike for all things like office (odf/ooxml) its a good thing.
I think device, software, and *service* integration are where everything is going. where you have a device, that sync's/intergrates with your desktop which in turn also syncs to
a web service of some kind. is more or less the future model.
and the future desktop, is the one that provides those services to the masses.....
-Nex6
No comments:
Post a Comment