Friday, October 27, 2006

Microsoft Office and Fat client Office installs

There is a decent article:

here

Where as the Arthur makes some decent points about a web based office suite replacing
MS office or any fat client local install of an Office application.

I don't think local installs of office software will disappear anytime soon. I think, they will augment, even supplement Office installs
but not replace. I think Office software integrated into a web based service is inevitable. Where as you write your documents local and sysnc them to a webservice. Where you can sync or open them from any NET connnected computer or device.

This model is far more likly and makes far more sense. Sure web based stuff like googles will be arround and be used for some stuff but:
Office software both Microsofts and others will be arround for the long haul.



-Nex6

No comments:

View blog authority